Medical Negligence Compensation Guide
To download a copy of “Medical Negligence: A Guide to Claiming Compensation” please click the button below:
Medical Negligence Claims
Medical Negligence Claims require careful investigation. Your Devonshires Claims’ expert, will review the details of your case to determine if the treatment was negligent, how the negligent treatment has affected you and how much you have lost as a result of it. This information will determine the amount of compensation you could be entitled to.
Your solicitor will require the following evidence:
1) A witness statement in which you will state everything that happened, in your own words.
2) Copies of your medical records obtained from the associated practitioners, treatment centres and hospitals.
3) A report from an independent medical specialist to advise us whether they believe that you received substandard medical treatment. There may be more than one report required and this part of the process can take time.
Your Medical Negligence Solicitor will:
- Carefully determine the nature and extent of the injury you have suffered resulting from the alleged negligent medical treatment, surgery or care.
- Calculate the appropriate amount of compensation you are entitled to.
- Consult with our network of medical experts to make sure that your medical negligence compensation claim is presented as carefully as possible to ensure a high probability of success.
- Negotiate a settlement if possible.
- Prepare your case for Court if necessary.
The Medical Negligence Claims Process: The Key Stages
To download a copy of the graphic above please click the button below.