Mistakes associated with the diagnosis or treatment of a heart attack or other heart condition could have life-changing consequences for the patient and their family.
The compensation pay-out would reflect:
- The extent and nature of the injury including the potential consequences of a heart attack eg. brain damage, damage to the heart muscle
- Any financial losses, including medical expenses, loss of income and travel expenses.
- Future care and rehabilitation requirements.
Rehabilitation could require:
- Long-term care
- Occupational or physiotherapy
- Access to a specialist cardiac treatment and rehabilitation services
- Access to specialist psychologists and speech and language therapists
- Mobility aids
- Home adaptation