Medical negligence injury claims are rarely completed quickly. The timescale for a retained placenta medical negligence claim will depend on the individual circumstances of your case; however, most cases take between two and three years to fully conclude. Factors which will affect how long your claim takes may include:
- how severely you were injured
- the prognosis
- whether ongoing care is required
- how much rehabilitation is needed
- whether you require costs to cover home modifications
- Whether the defendant admits liability (if they do, claims can usually be concluded much faster).