The length of time your claim will take will depend on many factors. Serious cases of Erb’s Palsy can lead to a claims process that takes at least two to three years to complete. This is why our medical negligence solicitors are committed to building long-term, trusting relationships with clients and seeking interim payments along the way. We may be advising and representing you for some time. You can be confident that we will aggressively pursue an early settlement, but not at the expense of getting you the best settlement possible.
The following factors will have an impact on how quickly your baby’s shoulder injury claim will settle:
- the seriousness of the Erb’s Palsy
- whether ongoing care is required
- how much rehabilitation is needed
- whether your home needs renovating to accommodate your child’s needs
- whether the defendant NHS Trust or private hospital admit liability (if they do, claims can usually be concluded much faster).